- Find An Expert
- Get Involved
|Collaborate with us!|
The American Institute of Architects, Iowa Chapter is a Component of the AIA. More than 1,000 individuals from across the state of Iowa are members of the Chapter. Over 90% of registered architects in the state are members of the Chapter. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with other organizations and businesses.
Looking to work with the AIA Iowa in some capacity on an upcoming event or program? Read through the information below for the category that best describes your opportunity.
Hosting an event or program that you think will be of interest to architects? AIA Iowa would be happy to include a listing in our weekly ARCH-E-NEWS email to our members if your event or program meets the following:
- Organized by an Iowa non-profit (501c3 or 501c6) related to the design community
If your event or program meets the above criteria, we will list it in one weekly newsletter article, if space allows, directly prior to your event or program. We are not able to send a stand-alone email to our membership. AIA Iowa reserves the right to refuse any submitted promotion request. Submit your request on our online form here.
Looking to further promote your event or program to our membership? Advertise with AIA Iowa. Opportunities include:
- Social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
AIA Iowa often works with other nonprofits to collaborate on the planning and presentation of events or programs of interest to the design community. A partnership with AIA Iowa involves collaborative planning and implementation as well as cost and profit sharing.
AIA Iowa considers each potential partnership on a case-by-case basis contingent on resources and relevancy to our mission and our members. A Memorandum of Understanding will be developed with partners to outline the respective roles and responsibilities of each organization.
In general, as a partner AIA Iowa will:
- Dedicate staff time to event or program planning and implementation
- Accept and manage online registration
In return partners of AIA Iowa will:
- Dedicate staff/volunteer time to event or program planning and implementation
- Work with AIA Iowa to ensure event or program content meets the needs of our membership and our revenue goals established by the AIA Iowa Board of Directors
- Staff the event or program in partnership with AIA Iowa
If you would like to become a partner on an upcoming event or program, please contact Amy Spike.
Want to accredit your upcoming event for education learning units but you are not a registered AIA provider?
AIA Iowa can serve as the education provider if your event meets the following:
- Provides quality education to the architecture community (no advertising or promotion of products/services)
AIA Iowa charges a small fee to be the education provider for events to help the Chapter cover its expense to be a provider. If your education offering is 1-4 hours long the fee is $135. If your event is more than 4 hours long, not exceeding one day, the fee is $270. If you are hosting a conference or convention with multiple seminars you would like accredited, please contact Amy Spike.
If AIA Iowa serves as the education provider of your event, we will:
- Promote the event in the AIA Iowa ARCH-E-NEWS weekly newsletter
- Create certificates of completion for non-AIA members by request
In return the organization hosting the event will:
- Sign a CES Course Provider Agreement that outlines the details of expectations
- Return completed CES attendance forms to AIA Iowa for reporting purposes
- Abide by the ethics of the AIA CES Registered Provider System
If you would like to accredit an upcoming event, please contact Amy Spike.
As a non-profit, AIA Iowa generally is not able provide funding to other non-profit organizations. However, the AIA Iowa Board of Directors will consider specific and detailed proposals to fund opportunities that would be of interest to our members and the design community, or help the Chapter to reach our advocacy goals. Funding is limited and a professional proposal detailing the appropriate information (date, time, location, program description, speakers, specific ask, other organizations involved, benefits to the Chapter, etc.) will help our board come to a decision. If you would like to submit a proposal for funding please send your detailed proposal to AIA Iowa’s Executive Director Jessica Reinert.
If you are looking for AIA Iowa members to participate within your organization, program, or event as committee members, task force participants, jury members, panelists, or speakers please send a detailed email to our Executive Director, Jessica Reinert.
* While adhering to these guidelines, AIA Iowa reserves the right to evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis to determine our involvement. As a non-profit membership service organization, the Chapter resources are first focused on our core mission to serve our members. AIA Iowa appreciates being approached for our involvement in other organizations and events, but we cannot participate in every opportunity.
Did you know that nearly 90% of Iowa's architects are members of AIA Iowa? That means that when you look for an architect or design professional through AIA Iowa, you have access to the best. Here you'll be able to find individual architects, member architecture firms, Allied members, and industry experts.You can search by name, company, area, or project expertise. Find an Expert Now